Chicken Pad Thai
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced into small strips
- 8 oz dry Banza Linguine
- 1 red bell pepper cut in small strips and halved
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 green onions
- 1 1/2 cup matchstick carrots
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Sky Valley Organic Thai Peanut Sauce (found at Sprouts)
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Unsalted dry roasted peanuts and sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- Prepare noodles according to package instructions.
- Pour out your sauce in order to be ready for combining with noodles later
- While noodles are cooking heat a small amount of high temp oil in large non stick skillet or wok. Add chicken and cook through for approximately 4-6 minutes, browning on each side.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Using the same pan and left over oil, sauté bell peppers and carrots for 1-2 minutes. Then add green onions, garlic and beansprouts. Sauté for 1 minute longer.
- Push the vegetables to the edges of the pan and scramble the eggs in the center of the pan until cooked through.
- Add in chicken, noodles and the sauce and combine allowing to cook for 1 minute more.
- Serve warm topped with cilantro, chopped peanuts, optional red pepper flakes and sesame seeds.
Amount Per Serving:
Fat 9 g
Carbs 31 g
Protein 30 g
Recipe adapted from cookingclassy.com
Author: Maggie Shaffer, Black Iron Nutrition Coach, @maggieshaffer